The holidays bring us lots of opportunities to visit people in their homes – dinner parties, Sunday School or community group get-togethers, work parties, gift exchanges and all the family celebrations. It’s always a good idea to bring a hostess gift! I invited my mom to share a few of her favorite ideas for inexpensive – yet thoughtful – hostess gifts. I know you’re going to love her ideas!
Her suggestions included:
- A nice box of chocolates with a pretty linen cloth
- An assortment of entertaining pieces: dessert plates, placemats, pretty paper napkins
- A personalized ornament – can even be hand made
- A pretty container with a few homemade treats
- Flowers – but make sure you place them in a vase!
Want a few more ideas? Today on her blog, my Mom has 15 more ideas for hostess gifts! I also really loved Queen of the Household’s Gift Guide for Homemakers – many of those would be lovely hostess gifts as well.
What is your favorite thing to bring as a hostess gift?