A couple weeks ago I had a very busy week at my day job, working twice as many hours as I do on a normal week. This only happens about twice a year, but it really makes me grateful to only work part time! I worked full time for 10 years and try not to take that for granted.
We still have to eat no matter how many hours I work, so I combined a few freezer meals with some weekend prep to come up with a meal plan that needed very little hands-on attention. Here it is!
On The Menu
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel – made ahead on Saturday
- My Favorite Breakfast Casserole – made ahead on Sunday
- Greek Yogurt with Maple Walnut Granola – made ahead on Saturday
- Paul and I both ate our lunches at work this week, but if not I could have made a batch of Taco Soup ahead of time
- Taco Casserole (from the freezer)/Mexican Rice
- Chicken Noodle Soup (using leftover chicken from Sunday dinner)/Salad
- Pizza Casserole (from the freezer – the cook once/eat twice method)/Salad
- Crockpot Chili (prepped the night before)/Cornbread (from the freezer, baked in muffin cups)
When life is busy, it’s easy to think that going out to eat is the fastest solution. I’ve not found that to be the case! Planning ahead so that supper only needs 20 minutes to get on the table makes a huge difference, but eating at home takes so much less time than eating out!
Watch the video below to see our meals each night!
What is your favorite meal to put in the freezer for those busy nights?