I enjoyed reading all of your “thankful” entries in the Holiday Hostess Gift Giveaway! One of the best things we can do in an situation or circumstance is to count our blessings. God is so good to us, and has given us all things richly to enjoy. Hearing what others are grateful for often causes me to realize things I take for granted, like the privilege of having my husband home for Christmas every year instead of praying for his safety while serving in Afghanistan. That in turn makes me grateful for the brave families who make that sacrifice for me!
Here’s the list of things that were shared in the giveaway entries. I would love for you to read down this list and think of some things you’ve taken for granted!
- My church
- God’s promises
- God’s mercy and grace
- Friends who love and care about me
- God’s Word that tells me Who God is, how to have a relationship with Him, and how to live this life with hope
- My husband and son, and that we will all be TOGETHER this year for the holidays!
- A wonderful church family. Prayer needs, helping hands. It’s awesome to know I have so much prayer when I need it.
- My family and extended family. God has richly blessed us!
- The opportunity to bring people together through cooking.
- The godly women that mentor me daily. These women help me be a better steward for my Jesus.
- I have God’s Word to guide me through this crazy thing called life.
- A wonderful church family and the opportunities I have to serve my family at home. They are my first ministry. Serving them brings joy to my soul!
- My husband. He is kind, loving and hardworking. I thank God for him daily.
- My husband and my two little boys.
- Grandchildren and for the opportunity to invest in their lives for eternity.
- Answered prayer
- My home and those I can share it with
There were 17 entries. I asked my husband to pick a number at random, and he chose comment #16. Congratulations Dianne, I’ll be in touch with you about your prize! 🙂
Thanks to everyone who entered in the giveaway!
2 thoughts on “Thankfulness and Holiday Hostess Giveaway Winner!”
Thank you, Whitney (and Paul!). I have many things to be thankful for…and now yet another!
you’re so welcome! =)