Today is my 31st birthday! I really liked being 30, so I’m ok with 31. Since the theme of my day is “31,” here are 31 totally random facts about me. (I stole this idea from my friend Katie, who also shared an awesome list on her 31st birthday!) Don’t miss the end of today’s post, there’s a giveaway!
1. I have a wild imagination.
2. I’ve never been to the ER or admitted to the hospital.
3. Making small talk is hard for me – I get flustered and say really dumb things.
4. I was in 4-H club through Junior High. My county fair projects ranged from baking contests to showing sheep, an activity that’s very hot and dirty. I have pictures to prove it. Notice those pictures do not appear in this post. 🙂
5. I have a terrible fear of someone merging into the side of my car – maybe because it’s almost happened SO many times.
6. I never say things I don’t mean. I’m a very deliberate person. 🙂
7. My favorite TV shows are The Andy Griffith Show and The Office. I could watch those two shows over and over and never get tired of them.
8. My top 5 favorite movies are McClintock, White Christmas, The Philadelphia Story, When Harry Met Sally and State Fair. Old movies for me!
9. I play the piano – my favorite is to play for congregational church singing.
10. My first cat, Fluffy, lived to be 21 years old. I got her when I was 3 and I still miss her! She was a mean, moody, beautiful part Persian that I loved in spite of herself.
11. I’ve lived in Tennessee, Indiana & South Carolina, and I spent eight summers in North Carolina. TN and NC are my favorites!
12. When I was growing up in Indiana, I desperately wanted to be a Southern girl. I met some girls from Georgia on a weekend teen retreat and came home with a thick Georgia accent. My parents laughed at me. Can’t imagine why.
13. I’m basically afraid of the dark.
14. I met my husband at the summer camp where we both worked – that summer I was a college freshman and he was a junior. I had a crush on him but he didn’t really notice me. Seven years later I ran into him at a basketball game where this time – he noticed me. 🙂 The rest is history!
15. I’ve never had a sense of smell.
16. I’m left handed.
17. My sense of direction is nonexistent. I get lost in stores (no joke) and things like remembering where I parked are truly stressful!
18. In college I majored in International Business. The classes were very hard and I graduated Thank the Laud!
19. My minor was German. No, I cannot speak or understand a bit of it. Fail.
20. I hated college but loved working at camp every summer.
21. I was homeschooled except for 3rd-5th grade, when I attended a very small Christian school.
22. I’m an iPhone girl but also a PC girl.
23. Louisiana is the farthest West I’ve ever been.
24. My idea vacation is a week in the Smokies. I don’t care for the beach – it’s too hot and windy!
25. I love filling out paperwork.
26. My favorite sport is NASCAR, followed by college basketball. #bbn
28. I don’t drink.
29. I never text and drive. You shouldn’t either! 🙂
30. Trying to begin these without “I” is very tricky. Ha!
31. Thank you for sticking with me to the end! I appreciate everyone who reads this blog! ❤
In celebration of today, I am giving away a collection of a few of my favorite things to one of you! One of you will win everything pictured below: an infinity scarf & a pair of earrings from Cents of Style, Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in the shade “Tulip,” a magnetic list and a little something glam for your fall decor!
Here’s how to enter the giveaway: enter your name and email address in the form below. That’s it! You might have to scroll inside the form to see the “submit” button. If the giveaway form doesn’t load properly for you, click here to be redirected.
Disclaimer: This giveaway is open until Saturday night (9/26) at midnight. Only one entry per person. This is not a sponsored giveaway, everything was purchased by me.
I hope you win! 🙂