Who doesn’t love getting gifts? My mother taught me to always bring a hostess gift when visiting someone in their home for a meal or overnight stay. She even brings ME a hostess gift when she visits. Isn’t that nice of her? 🙂 No matter how well you know your hostess, bringing a gift is such a kind gesture!
If you’re like me, you have a few holiday meals and get-togethers coming up soon. I like to plan ahead if I can, and get some good bargains on quality hostess gifts. I headed over to Pinterest for some inspiration, and quickly filled a board with some adorable ideas that are perfect for the holiday season. Click the picture to go to the board.
This one is my favorite…I love the clever spin on an old Christmas song!
Here are a few simple ideas for you. If you’re visiting for the evening (a meal or a party), why not bring:
- Scented candle
- Specialty food item (see my TJ Maxx shopping ideas below)
- Tea towel
- Christmas Ornament
- Bath items (scented soaps, lotion, etc.)
If you’re spending the night, any of the above are appropriate, but it’s also a good idea to ask your hostess if you can bring a bread or something for breakfast. Especially if you’re staying with family, I imagine a gift of food (like this breakfast basket) would be a welcome sight!
I always like to shop frugally. These are the top three stores I like to shop for my hostess gifts at the holidays:
- TJ Maxx: I hit their clearance aisle every time I’m in the store. It’s a great place to find marked down candles, coffee, mugs, and more! I also like to shop their specialty food aisle for flavored olive oil, special jams, cookies and flavored coffee and tea.
- Dollar General: They have some cute tins, tea towels and seasonal items. Of course some of their items can be tacky, but there are some treasures to be found.
- Target: Here’s a great little hostess gift my sister put together from Target’s dollar spot:
Alli’s hostess gift proves that it doesn’t take much time or work to put together a delightful hostess gift. I hope to be a delight to my hostesses this holiday season!
But wait…there’s more…I did a little shopping at Target and came home with an adorable hostess gift that I’m going to give away to one of you lovely readers! Come back tomorrow for the details!