Most of the goals I set for myself in 2017 are things I will be working on all year. Now that we’re nearing the halfway mark, it’s a good time to look at my goals and assess where I need to ramp up the effort in certain areas! Here we go!
- Continue My Daily Household Cleaning Routine: I have basically the same schedule as last year, so I plan to continue working household chores into my every day routine. My hope is that this will result in having at least one free Saturday a month where I’m able to take the day “off” from all household chores without getting behind.
May Update: I spend much less time watching Netflix in the evenings, but my house is so much cleaner on a daily basis. Paul hasn’t run out of clean work clothes once this year – huge wife win! 🙂
- Continue My Healthy Eating Lifestyle: I didn’t share this with many people at all (and definitely not on social media/the blog), but I’ve been steadily working toward a permanent lifestyle of healthy eating choices. This is a big deal for someone who literally could exist on ice cream and potatoes! I started in September 2016 with a serious weight loss diet and transitioned into something that will hopefully be sustainable throughout my adult life. I hesitated to share this publicly for several reasons that I might go into later. For now, just know that I haven’t cut anything completely out of my diet. I’m approaching food with more of a 90% healthy/10% indulgent balance. My hope is that this will result in continued weight loss and a permanently healthy lifestyle!
May Update: I’m down 11 pounds!
- Complete A Book Study with Friends: A few of my friends have expressed the desire to read something like The Best Yes or Grace, Not Perfection with a group. I would really love to go though a book like that with other women, so I’m hoping to start that up this year!
May Update: Done! Read my review of the book here
Marriage Goals (these are things Paul and I discussed and agreed to do together)
- Weekly Budget Meetings: These will help us improve our communication and our spending! You probably know that I’m not a big spender, and neither of us are going crazy with the debit card (LOL). We just decided we need to be better with talking about where the money is going as well as planning what to do with any extra…if that ever happens. Ha. 🙂
May Update: Honestly, I haven’t thought about doing this in weeks! Writing a reminder in my planner now.
- Read Through The Bible: I haven’t read through the Bible since college, and I’ve never read completely through it using the ESV. The best option for me is to listen to portions each morning while I’m getting ready, so we decided to use “THE BIBLE in a year” plan on the YouVersion app. Each day you read from the Old Testament and the New Testament as well as Psalms or Proverbs. If you would like to read along with us, you can add me – my username on the app is “Whitney Pendell.”
May Update: I am loving this plan! So far I haven’t missed a day – I’m right on track. It’s been such a blessing!
Blog & YouTube Goals:
- Continue posting 3x’s each week on the blog
- Upload at least one video a week to YouTube
- Include Paul in more videos!
- Move my blog to a self-hosted site (eek!)
May Update: Posts have been written 3x’s every week. I’ve uploaded 29 YouTube videos this year, two of them featuring Paul. I’ve researched which hosting service I want to use and I’m getting closer to actually starting the process!
How are you doing with your goals this year? If you’ve gotten off track, don’t let that keep you from picking up where you left off and starting again. You can do it!