this post contains affiliate links
It’s been three years since I shared the hair products I use on a daily basis – and they’ve almost completely changed since then! I stick with hair products that I can pick up at Target. I don’t like paying a lot for hair products, and it’s always fun to have a reason to shop at Target, right? I currently have more than just six products in my bathroom, but if I had to narrow it down to my favorites – here they are!
- Herbal Essences Body Envy Mousse
- L’Oreal Sleek It Iron Straight Heat Spray (for some reason it’s not listed on target.com)
- Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo (for some reason it’s not listed on target.com)
- Pantene Airspray in #3 Hold
I am not a hair stylist nor am I an expert on hair, but here are a few things that make a difference for me:
- Don’t be afraid to wash your hair daily. Even though it’s pretty dry, with as much product as I use in my short hair I can’t get away with second day hair. I’ve tried it and it just doesn’t work!
- Know that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on salon quality products to have beautiful, healthy hair.
- Pay attention to the condition of your hair – if it’s fine, dry, frizzy, flat, oily or dull – and choose products to treat those problems.
- Make sure you’re using the right products for the hair you have today! Your hair could be a totally different texture than it was five years ago.
Here’s a tutorial I filmed earlier this year, showing how I style my hair.
Do you have fine or straight hair? Have you tried any of my favorites?