Tiered trays can be really intimidating and difficult – at least they are for me! I bought this little galvanized metal one at Target right after Christmas and I didn’t pull it out until I decorated for Easter.
It took me several tries and lots of rearranging, but I finally got it the way I wanted for spring – and I’ve completed another one for summer!
Here are a few things that help me with this process:
- search #tieredtrays or similar hashtags on Instagram for inspiration
- shop your home for little things in a variety of textures and finishes
- lay them out and decide if they look good together as a group – do the colors look nice together? are there enough textures?
- take everything out of the tray and start with a clean slate
- try to arrange similar colors or textures in a diagonal (watch my video below to see what I mean)
- don’t be discouraged if you don’t get it right on the first try!
I mixed new items with thrifted pieces, functional items and few succulents.
Watch my video below to see my process from start to finish!
High Five for Friday Linkup
Hosted By: Tif from Bright on a Budget, Della at Della Devoted, Becky at BYBMG, Whitney J from Polka Dotty Place and me! 🙂 What is High Five For Friday, Anyway? Click here to read all about it!
Bloggers: Link up to THREE of your posts from the past week in the linkup below. We ask that you follow each co-host on social media and link back to the link-up. Thanks for joining us!
Everyone: Click the link below to discover a host of inspiration from lots of great bloggers!
How do you feel about tiered trays? If you’ve been intimidated by them, I hope this encouraged you to give it your best shot!
4 thoughts on “How To Style A Tiered Tray”
I love this! I have a two tiered tray in my kitchen and look forward to decorating it for seasons or holidays. It houses practical things like napkins, S&P shakers and a plant. I love the way you layered yours.
It’s fun to mix practical and decorative items! That sounds really cute.
Like I mentioned on IG, your tray is super cute….makes me so bummed that I returned mine:(
Ugh! I hope you can find a cute one somewhere soon Jennifer! 🙂