Are you ready to organize your house, one room at a time? Here we go with the master bedroom closet!
Here’s what I use in my closet and where you can buy it:
- Two stackable drawers: the drawer on the right is 12 years old. It’s been through camp and college with me! Sniff. They last forever!
- One basket for socks and bathing suits (odd combo, I know): from Hobby Lobby’s clearance aisle a couple years ago.
- One shoe organizer: from TJ Maxx, about $10
- One basket for scarves and belts: Dollar Tree
- One plastic container for out of season clothes: Target (similar)
- Two over the door hooks – one inside the closet for lounge wear, one outside for the next day’s oufit: from TJ Maxx
- One decorative storage box for jewelry: Home Goods, on clearance for $3
- I lined the inside of the drawers with scrap book paper to make them look a little more fancy. If you would like for me to post a tutorial on how I did that, please let me know!
- Having an accessible lint roller is a necessity when you’re a cat owner! It works really well for me where it is.
- My basket for scarves and belts will be much more full when I add my fall and winter things! I like using a plastic basket for scarves – the material won’t snag when I pull anything out of the basket.
- The third picture shows you what I did on the inside of the closet door. I hang my bathrobes and lounge wear on those hooks so I can grab them easily (and also put them away quietly if my husband is still sleeping while I’m getting ready). Those kinds of things just don’t fold nicely, so I gave up trying.
This closet organization system works really well for me. Having a place for everything keeps me from dumping my clothes in piles on the floor (yes, I have been known to do that). I hope that you’ll find some inspiration from my closet!