Hello friends! It’s Friday! My mom and I drove to visit my grandparents this week, so my high fives are mostly on the same topic. What’s better than a trip to visit your grandparents? Our trip isn’t over yet, but here are some of the highlights so far.
1. Mom and Papa engaged in a competitive round of ladder ball. My Papa pitched fast-pitch softball for many years, and when it comes to games like this….he cannot be beaten!
2. We rounded out a day of shopping with cherry limeades.
3. I love relaxing in their lovely sun room…here’s a little peek at the daybed in one corner…
4. My H54F posts are never complete without a kitty picture. Here’s Callie, Nana’s kitty, hanging out under the newspaper. Notice she has her toy mouse in there with her. 🙂
5. One off-topic High Five…last weekend Paul and I went to the Phantom of the Opera. I wrote about it here, so hop over there if you want the deets. 🙂 I can still hear the ominous music in my sleep. Or maybe the Phantom is there, inside my mind… #itsoundedfunnyinmyhead
How was your week? If you’re stopping by from the link-up, give me a shout. I’d love to come read all about it!
I’m linking up with High Five for Friday and Five on Friday
4 thoughts on “High Five For Friday”
I saw people playing ladder ball last week when we were tailgating. It looks like a lot of fun but I don’t think I would be very good at it.
Sean at His and Her Hobbies
I think people who are good at “throwing” type games are good at it. I threw the ball about 30 times and only never actually got it on the ladder…but I’m not athletic in the least! =)
Linking up for High Five for Friday from http://www.unbecomingeve.com! Sounds like a beautifully, relaxing time with family. It doesn’t get much better than that! My grandfather passed away several years ago, but he played on the church softball league (which, I do realize, is different than fast pitch!) for many years. He started a tradition of playing backyard ball with all of us from when I was just a little thing, and the tradition still carries on today – even with my parents and aunt in their mid 50s! Thanks for letting me reminisce 😉
Enjoy the rest of your stay!
What a sweet memory of your grandfather, Sarah! Thanks for sharing!
Have a lovely weekend!