All of the sudden, 2014 is almost over! I want to savor every minute of this time of year…and what better way to do that than a weekly recap? 🙂 Here are the highs for this Friday…
1. Although we don’t live in the mountains, we are only a short drive from the South Carolina Foothills (the edge of the Smokies). They are beautiful, especially in the fall. On Sunday my husband obliged my request for a drive into the Foothills. We stopped at a small resort that he knew of and were able to take advantage of the gorgeous view from their back patio. Isn’t that breathtaking??
2. I’m always thankful for the privilege to vote in our US elections. I proudly wear my “I Voted” sticker all day long!
3. My sister and her husband are headed this way for a quick overnight visit! I’m so excited to see them – probably almost as excited as Alli is to see my kitties. Peggy was originally Alli’s kitten, but she had to leave her here when she got married in deference to Andrew’s allergies. That’s true love, is it not? 🙂
4. Speaking of the kitties…this picture accurately depicts their personalities. Peggy is snoozing while Thelma Lou attacks something in the background.
5. My favorite morning coffee combo – possibly of all time – is a cup of Java Time roast with International Delight’s White Chocolate Mocha Creamer. I enjoyed a perfect cup of that every day this week. Heavenly. What’s your favorite flavored creamer? I love trying new ones, too!
Have a lovely weekend!