Ever have those times where you need a little sweet and salty snack to go with your movie night? Well I have the perfect recipe for you – Chocolate Popcorn with Peanuts. This tasty snack is quick to throw together and uses just a few ingredients.
- 3 C popcorn (or the equivalent of one bag of ready to pop popcorn)
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 3 T butter
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 C peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pop your popcorn then spread it out on a cookie sheet that’s been lined with wax paper.
- In a small saucepan melt butter and half of the bag of chocolate chips over medium heat. Be sure to stir a lot and keep a close eye on the chocolate chips so they don’t burn!
- After the chocolate chips and butter have completely melted, add olive oil and vanilla to melted chocolate. Mix together then remove from heat.
- Pour melted chocolate over popcorn.Using a spatula, coat the popcorn with the melted chocolate. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and peanuts over popcorn and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove popcorn and try not to eat the whole pan in one sitting!
What’s your favorite TV/movie snack?
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Peanut Popcorn”
Yum!! Thanks for the recipe.
My favorite snack? Popcorn!! This looks really good, only I think it would require a different beverage than my usual glass of Orange juice! Thanks for the recipe.
LikeLiked by 1 person