It’s Friday! My favorite thing about the weekend is having extra time at home. I love having time to work in my house – whether it’s doing normal house work or fun decorating projects. I find so much inspiration for those things in the glossy pages of magazines. Recipes, tips for organizing and even step by step instructions on how to decorate your coffee table – magazines have it all! Here are the ones I’ve been loving lately:
- Southern Living – What’s not to love? I always find a good recipe or an interesting story in SL.
- Better Homes and Gardens – I love how they feature so many bloggers in each issue.
- HGTV Magazine – I just discovered this one a few months ago and absolutely love it!
- The Cottage Journal – 4 issues a year, but each one is packed with cozy ideas for your home.
- Martha Stewart Living – I love the organization tips and ideas in each issue.
As a side note – I never buy a magazine off the stand or pay full price for a subscription. Sometimes MoneySavingMom.com shares promotions that enable you to receive BHG or MSL at absolutely no cost. Last year on Cyber Monday I got a deal (discovered on Southern Savers) where I paid $12 and got 12 month subscriptions to 3 different magazines ($4 each). For me, magazines are a cheap hobby!
Do you enjoy finding inspiration in magazines? Is your favorite one that I didn’t mention?