I love organization because it makes my life easier. Organization works differently for different people based on their personalities, lifestyles and preferences, but I believe that some form of organization benefits everyone.
It might sound weird, but I enjoy the processes and routines of daily life such as getting ready for the day, preparing a meal, making coffee in the morning or cleaning the kitchen after supper. Whether or not you do those things in the same order each day, it takes certain steps to accomplish those tasks. That’s where organization comes in, as it simplifies and streamlines those steps for you.
For example, on Monday I shared the large list of items I keep on hand for making side salads. At first those items were stored in various places throughout the kitchen. I found myself opening several doors and digging through a couple bins in order to retrieve the supplies needed to make a salad. It was cumbersome! So, I grabbed an extra bin from my stash and threw all the dry goods I use for salads right into the basket. It’s a simple thing, but it saves me so much time!
What task could you streamline and simplify by corralling all the items you need for that task? Here are some ideas:
- Weekly Meal Prep Basket: snack bags, food storage containers
- Cleaning Caddy: rags, paper towels, gloves, cleaning sprays, sponges, magic eraser
- School Lunch Prep Bin: store everything you need to assemble the kids lunches (lunch meat, cheese, snacks, fruit) in bins in the fridge
- Thank You Note/Christmas Card/Wedding Invitation Basket: cards, stamps, return address labels, pens, washi
- Mini Diaper-Changing Kit: diapers & wipes (my sister did this when her twins were infants and their nursery was on the 2nd floor – it saved her so many trips up and down the stairs!)
- Gift Bag Supplies: bags, tissue, ribbon, blank cards
What are you going to organize? I would love for you to leave a comment and tell me what’s going to be working for you! 🙂