Here’s what we ate last week!
- Oatmeal and Blueberries
- Avocado Toast
- Green Smoothies
- My Big Fat Greek Quinoa Salad – this stays fresh in the fridge for several days and is so yummy! I added in a handful of fresh spinach before eating. Meal Planning Tip: I’ve been making one entree for my work day lunches and eating the same thing all four days. It helps me so much when I already have that piece planned out and prepared. Each morning I just grab a pre-made portion and I’m out the door.
- Taco Casserole (pictured)/Tossed Salad – I love this taco casserole from my Mom’s blog – the Jiffy cornbread makes it the perfect mix of Mexican and comfort food!
- Rachael Ray’s Sloppy Cubanos (I used ground turkey)/Frozen French Fries/Strawberry Salad
- Shrimp and Crab Ravioli with Lemon Garlic Sauce, Asparagus and Peas (see below)
- Roast Chicken/Mashed Potatoes/Green Beans
- Easy Mozzarella and Meatball Bake (page 110 of the Love Welcome Serve cookbook)/Tossed Salad
- Leftovers x2
- Date Night
New Recipe Fail: I really wanted to try the shrimp and crab frozen ravioli that I found at Aldi. Searching Pinterest for a recipe was pretty simple because all the recipes were basically the same (a cream sauce with garlic and lemon), and I tried a lightened up version that included peas and fresh asparagus.
Don’t let my review keep you from trying this recipe, because I didn’t follow it exactly. However, I didn’t like the lemon flavor mixed in with the cream sauce. I won’t buy the ravioli again, that’s for sure – the insides were just seafood mush.
Not every new recipe is a keeper! It was just fun to try something new even though it wasn’t a win.
I hope you have a great week!