This post contains affiliate links – I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. ❤
I love the idea of curating the perfect care package for someone, packaging the items in pretty tissue paper and tucking a little hand written note in the box.
This is fun, but it can also be expensive and time consuming. One day I had a light bulb moment – why not send gifts from places that order free shipping?
I do a lot of my shopping at Target because it’s the perfect blend of quality, convenience and low prices. You can fill your online cart with thoughtful gifts and ship it for free – for under $40 and without leaving your house!
Here are a few ideas of some boxes under $40 you could put together and send through Target’s delivery service. Some of the items might be sold out by the time you read this post, but I’m sure you can quickly find a comparable item. I love the quality of Target brands like Good and Gather, Threshold and Opalhouse.
Cozy Breakfast Gift Box: $37
- Ground Coffee $6
- Heart Napkins $3
- Heart Paper Plates $3
- Chocolate Chips $2
- Maple Syrup $2.50
- Belgian Waffle Mix $2
- Mini Waffle Maker $13
- Cute Mug $5 (Parker Lane and Threshold make lots of great $5 mugs!)
Get Well Soon Gift Box: $36
- Vaseline Lip Therapy $2.50
- Aveeno Hand Lotion $3
- Up & Up Herbal Cough Drops $3
- Threshold Soup Mug $8
- Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup $1.79
- Puffs Extra Soft Tissues $2
- Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea Sampler $2.69
- Sherpa Throw Blanket $10
- Opalhouse Candle $5-10 (The $10 2-wick candle takes the box total up to $44)
Just Moved Gift Box: $39
- Method All Purpose Cleaner $3.59
- Reusable Wipes $2
- Heavy Duty Paper Plates $4.79
- Paper Plates $3
- CALM Candle $8-12 (you could also add a $3 lighter)
- Plastic Cups $3
- Disposable Coffee Cups $3.79
- Ground Coffee $7.50
- Plastic Utensils $3
If $40 is a little high for your budget, I get that! My sister and I went together last year to send our grandparents a box of “Christmas spirit.” We ordered it in time to arrive before December 1st, so that they could enjoy the items all month long.
Christmas Spirit Gift Box – $37
I don’t have links for these, as they are seasonal items and are not currently available, but I’ll give you an idea of the prices.
- Lindt Chocolate Advent Calendar $10
- Walkers Festive Shortbread Cookies $4.50
- Wondershop Holiday Napkins $3
- Holiday Hand Soap in Redcurrant and Sugarplum $4
- 4 oz. Opalhouse Balsam Fir Candle $5
- Hickory Farms Classic Gift Box $10
A few notes about this idea: Target offers free shipping on all orders over $35. I do have the Target Red Card (debit card) that also gives me a 5% discount on every purchase, but that isn’t required for free shipping. Keep in mind that there’s a chance the items might arrive in separate boxes, on separate days. This post is not sponsored by Target. 🙂
Sometimes I find that doing things for others ends up being more about me than about them. Look at how beautifully I wrapped your gift! Look how personalized I made it!
I’ve learned that I don’t have to personally touch, pack, and mail things in order for a gift to be special. The most important thing is to let my loved one know that they are thought of and that they are loved!
Do you know someone who would appreciate a thoughtful gift box like this? Which one would you like to receive?
- Everything You Need To Wrap A Gift
- Thoughtful and Affordable Group Gifts
- 3 Meals You Can Take To Friends