Happy first day of August! Looking back on July, a few things in particular captured my attention. Here they are in no particular order!
1. Last month I did something I haven’t done in years…I read several books! I read so much for college that I was burnt out for a long time. I picked up my favorite story about a Norwegian family trying to survive on the Dakota Prairie, and immediately found myself dreaming of life as they knew it. After renewing my long-lost library card (ha!), I picked up a few more books by the same author. I hope I don’t go another 8 years before reading like this again!
2. Of course the hullabaloo about Prince George’s first birthday didn’t elude me. I love following the Royal Reporter on Twitter for all the latest Royal Family news!
3. What’s a month without Pinterest? I’m on the hunt for ways to style my denim vest throughout the cooler months, so off to Pinterest I went! Here’s one of my favorites.
4. I saw a commercial for Friskies new “softer” cat food…and unlike my usual resilient self, was sucked into their marketing! I decided my cats needed this new food that wasn’t so hard and scary to eat. I sent my mom the commercial and she immediately went out and bought a bag for her adorable cat. I have to say, I really think they like this food much better! Peggy is so relaxed while eating, sometimes she just lays down and puts her head in the bowl. Sigh.
5. Of course…this guy captures my attention, no matter what month it is!
That’s it for July! If you missed any of this week’s posts, be sure to check them out below:
Have a lovely weekend!
Linking up with High Five For Friday, Friday Favorites, Five on Friday and the other Friday Favorites
12 thoughts on “High Five For Friday!”
Thanks for the Royal Reporter tip. Can’t get enough of that fam 😉
You’re welcome! 🙂
Peggy is PATHETICALLY cute! Oh, my! We don’t allow Liza to lie down at the table! =) Ha! Yay for readying…It’s taking me forever, but I’m reading Winter Birds, by Jamie Langston Turner. It”s super good! Have a great weekend!
Liza is too proper to eat with her head in the bowl like that. 🙂
I love following the royals also!
Stop by my blog for a linkup every Friday!
Loving the vest picture! If it includes stripes, you can’t go wrong 🙂 And good for you squeezing in some book reading. I keep telling myself that has to happen! Happy Friday!
Katie @ Cup of Tea
Thanks for stopping by, Katie! Have a lovely weekend!
That vest is super cute! I think I might need to find me one for this fall! Happy Friday!
Thanks for stopping by, Sara!
What a fun list! 🙂
Looks like July was a good month! I’ve never been able to pull off a denim vest… but now I’m feeling inspired 🙂 I bet it would be cute with a maxi dress!
I bought the vest to wear with sundresses and maxis, and it’s perfect! You should go for it. 🙂