It’s Monday! I thought I’d get your day off to a good start by sharing the waffle recipe from Friday’s teaser photo. I started with a very simple recipe, but didn’t have as much milk as I thought and ended up tweaking the recipe to work with what I had. The result was a decadent, fluffy waffle that is delicious even without syrup!
Decadent Blueberry Waffles (recipe adapted from Beauty and Bedlam)
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (this makes alllll the difference!)
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Sift together dry ingredients. Combine remaining ingredients except for berries, beating only until moistened. (Batter is thin.) Carefully fold in berries.
Bake in waffle iron. Makes 10-12. Freeze leftovers and reheat in the toaster (two cycles on the “3” setting works for my toaster).
And here’s the rest of the week’s menu! My husband was out of town for most of last week, so I took the opportunity to eat the foods he doesn’t like! I supplemented my Aldi shopping trip with a stop at a local produce stand and enjoyed some delicious fresh vegetables!
- Homemade Blueberry Waffles (what else would I eat?) 🙂
- Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff/Egg Noodles/Peas
- Basic Sauteed Chicken Breasts/Black Bean Salad/Baked Potato
- Chopped Chicken Salad with Guacamole/Corn on the Cob
- Crockpot Orange Chicken (I used Baby Ray’s Sweet & Spicy BBQ sauce to give it an extra kick!)/Baked Potato/Corn the Cob
- Pimiento Cheese with Crackers/Okra and Tomatoes
- Toasted Ravioli/Corn on the Cob/White Bean Salad
- Supper with Family