I’ve been on such a breakfast kick this summer! As you’ll see below, we enjoyed both the waffles I made last week as well as a batch of homemade blueberry pancakes for breakfast. The mornings have been unusually cool here in South Carolina, and I guess my longing for fall and winter makes me crave those comfort foods!
After my veggie-heavy menu last week, it was back to meats and starches with my husband’s return from his work travels.
One more thing before we get to the menu…are any of you going to be at Becoming this weekend? I’ll be there and I’d love to meet you!
- Pimento Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Slices
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup – it was 60 degrees outside!
- Chicken and Rice/Salad
- Goulash (I omitted the corn) /Applesauce
- Delmonico Chicken/Fried Zucchini/Salad/Rice
- Spaghetti/Corn on the Cob/Toast
- Loaded Baked Potatoes/Watermelon
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin (this was SO good)/Mashed Potatoes/Corn on the Cob/Ten Minute Rolls
- Date Night –thanks to a gift card from a sweet, sweet friend!
In the interest of full disclosure – I share my menu posts the week after it actually happens. I plan my menus on Monday, so it just works better this way!