Have you noticed that home decor magazines have the most beautiful coffee table displays? It seems their stylists have such a knack for creating company-ready looks! While flipping through the pages of a recent Southern Living magazine, I came across an article titled “How To Style Your Coffee Table.” The five step instructions make it a breeze to replicate those beautiful glossy displays:
- Start with a tray – the style you choose sets the tone for the rest of the table’s accessories.
- Stack up books – top the stack with a decorative object for a polished touch.
- Vary the heights – balance the squareness of the books and tray with a few taller items such as a vase or candlesticks.
- Layer on the accessories – these can be practical items such as coasters for drinks or a bowl of nuts for snacking.
- Finish off with fresh finds – breathe life into your tabletop with flowers and greenery!
I had already styled my coffee table with the white tray you see above – so I felt pretty good about that! If you need a little more inspiration to get started, check out my Pinterest board below:
What do you like to put on your coffee table?