“So much can be made bearable by love. By cherishing what is and not condemning fault or flaw. By keeping hearts open and holding each other forever in the light.”
Marriage is full of hard times when you are tempted to throw blame on each other instead of coming together to work through difficulties. That quote above from one of my favorite shows, Call The Midwife, reminds me of the truth in 1 Cor 13:7-8, “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.”
I have the power to make a huge difference in my marriage. Some days present more opportunities than others. These five choices make a huge difference in our marriages. They aren’t choices we make once and move on. Some days we might even have to make the same choice over and over again.
5 Choices That Will Make A Difference In Your Marriage
- I choose to forgive, whether or not he asks for my forgiveness.
- I choose to see myself standing next to my husband at the cross. It’s tempting to place myself a little ahead of him, not needing as much grace or forgiveness, but we are equal at the cross.
- I choose to be thankful for what we have today. Not every woman has the privilege of sharing life with someone!
- I choose to believe the best in my husband – to “hold each other forever in the light.”
- I choose to be the servant in our relationship.
I’ll be honest – I’ve had a hard time with all five of these in the last few months! Will you join me in making the right choices that honor God? It’s a great return on your effort! Why? Because Marriage Matters.