Lately I’ve been trying to incorporate meal prep into my weekend to-do list. I love having things ready to go for breakfast, lunches and snacks – and it’s always nice to have some of the work done when it comes time for supper. I find meal prep helpful because I work outside the home 4 days a week and take my lunch to work with me. However, my sister also loves using meal prep to help her as a busy mom of two 16 month olds! No matter what your daily schedule looks like, meal prep can lighten the load.
Here are a few things I’ve been making for meal prep in the last couple of months. Not everything freezes well – but not everything has to go in the freezer! Meal prep can be as simple as preparing some washed and chopped veggies for afternoon snacks.
- Smoothie Packs
- Breakfast Cookies
- No Bake Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (must be stored in the fridge)
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches on English Muffins (wrap in foil and freeze)
- Breakfast Casserole (I haven’t tried freezing this – we just eat it in a few days)
- Black Bean Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Taco Chili
- Washed and Chopped Veggies/Hummus
- BBQ Turkey Cups
- Cooked and shredded chicken, divided into 1 or 2 cup portions
- Cooked ground turkey, divided into 1 or 2 cup portions
- Enchiladas (any kind)
A few weeks ago I shared my meal prep process with three of the above recipes on my YouTube channel – you can watch that video below if you’re interested!
Pinterest has tons of great meal prep ideas as well. I’ve created a board for all the recipes and tips I can find – you can follow it here if you need more inspiration!