Every other year I host Thanksgiving at my house, and I eagerly anticipate every step of the process! I was really excited to put this tablescape together, and today I’ll take you through my process.
I saved pins and Instagram pictures that caught my attention, then decided what elements of those tablescapes drew me to them. This year I found myself drawn to tables with exposed wood surfaces, rattan chargers and multi-colored centerpieces with natural elements.
Since I decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, I decided that I could easily pile lots of my fall decor onto my Thanksgiving table and then put it back in the decor bins right from there! Easy peasy!
This tablescape came together by shopping my house – I didn’t purchase one new thing for the table. I did just a little bit of rearranging in the living room to fill the holes in my decor.
Here’s what I used:
- Rattan Chargers (from Dollar General)
- Everyday white plates (I used these exact plates, but you can also find them marked down at TJ Maxx!)
- Clear iced tea glasses (currently on major sale!)
- Basic white cloth napkins
- Leaf napkin rings (from Target dollar spot, 2016?)
- Runner – layered a white runner over two burlap placemats (both from Target)
- Centerpiece: lots of my pumpkins, blue and white Goodwill finds, an old berry wreath, pine cones and burlap leaves from last year’s 90% Hobby Lobby clearance
I put one of the two leaves in my table to make it an oval shape. This gave everyone plenty of room at each seat without the centerpiece falling into their plate. 🙂
I didn’t spend tons of time placing the pumpkins and pine cones, but I did step back a few times to make sure it was balanced. The bright orange pumpkins really made a difference – I love that pop of color – so I made sure they were evenly distributed.
I try not to ever set a table like this just for a blog post – we really do eat at pretty tables like these! I set this up last Saturday morning, covered it with a tablecloth to keep everything clean and shared a festive Thanksgiving-style meal with some sweet friends the next day!
To be honest, my centerpiece is still set up just like this. I loved it so much that we’re just going to enjoy it until I put everything away for Christmas!