My organizing mantra is “a place for everything.” Giving my stuff a home helps me and the rest of my family remember to put things away. I love using baskets to corral things all over the house. The possibilities are endless! You can use baskets to contain:
- washcloths on the sink or back of commode
- towels next to the tub (if your bathroom is spacious)
- makeup bags in the bathroom
- music by the piano
- magazines near the couch
- blankets by the couch
- socks and belts in your closet
- shoes by the back door
- canned drinks or other things in the fridge
- detergent and dryer sheets in the laundry room
- similar items in the pantry (I use sturdy wire baskets for this)
Here’s a peek at a few of the baskets around my house…
I have purchased most of my baskets on Hobby Lobby’s clearance aisle. Regular prices, even at my beloved Hob Lob, are just too much for my wallet! My husband has a small basket on his dresser that holds his contact solution, glasses case, etc., that was marked down to $2! I’ve also found some great basket deals on Target’s clearance end caps. I usually pick up any marked down baskets I see, because I always find a use for them!
Do you use baskets for organization?