Happy New Year! I was so busy enjoying the Christmas season until the very last second that I haven’t properly said “farewell” to 2013. So I thought I’d give 2013 a big ole’ High Five! Here, in no particular order, are my highlights from last year:
1. An incredible year of marriage! I know I just said these aren’t order, but sharing life with my husband is at the top of 2013’s highlights. Last year we struggled through tough job situations and several months of “underemployment,” but we never missed a bill payment or went without food! We saw God provide for our every need and give strength to carry on. In our third year of marriage, I felt like we “clicked” in ways we haven’t before. It feels like we’re doing things in tandem more often than we used to, and that’s so exciting! I’m so thankful that God brought us together.
2. Starting this blog! I’ve enjoyed reading blogs for several years, and it’s so fun to be on both sides now! Thank you so much for reading, commenting and encouraging me as I share the things I truly love. Blogging has been an incredible outlet for me and I’m excited to continue it!
3. Spending time with the sister. Luckily for me, we have an extra bedroom in the same town as Alli’s job and her fiance, so I got to live down the hall from my sister once more in our lifetime! We spent many of 2013’s evenings watching DWTS and The Office, making dessert, eating dessert, taking pictures of the cats, putting outfits together and laughing until we cried. I’m pretty crazy about my sister and I KNOW I’m going to cry when she moves out this summer. But I guess she and her new husband won’t want to live in our extra room…
4. Our Church. We found our church in 2013 and couldn’t be more thankful for it! Our first time visiting was around Easter, and we’ve grown so much since then. I’m in a small group with some incredibly sweet women that I’m blessed to call my friends!
5. Our Home. 2013 was the year I got settled in our house, after moving in at Thanksgiving of 2012. There’s no place like home! I’m so thankful to the Lord for providing a place for us to make so many sweet memories! And yes, the bottom half of our house IS a different shade….thanks to the red clay of The South. That’s also why I make everyone remove their shoes before they walk on the carpet. Ha!
5 1/2. I can’t talk about 2013 without mentioning the kitties! These little girlies are spoiled rotten, but I love them!
Farewell, 2013! It’s been fun!
I’m linking up with The Lauren Elizabeth for High Five For Friday
If you’re stopping by from the link-up, please say hello and I’ll be sure to visit you as well. I’m so glad to have you here!
9 thoughts on “High Five for…2013!”
Aww your kitties are so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog…I love that you’re petite just like me 🙂 Following you on Bloglovin as well!
The Tiny Heart
Thanks for the follow! =)
2013 was a great year for you!! Your house is darling, your cats are cuter and your house looks like it’s bursting with love. Hope 2014 is even better 🙂 Happy New Year!! Whitney @ Polka-Dotty Place
Aww, thanks for your sweet comments! Happy New Year to you!
Aww thanks for the shout out! You made me laugh and get a little sad.