- The first picture above is from the day I met my sister’s twin boys. They had received the call a few days earlier about two little guys who needed foster care, and my sister and her husband eagerly accepted. Those boys have brought so much joy to our family! We are very excited to see what 2018 holds for them!
- Vacations – In March Paul and I got away for a few days of rest in the beautiful hills of East Tennessee, and the end of the summer was our first HamFamVacation with my side of the family. They were both perfectly timed and so much fun!
- Weight Loss – After several years of really bad habits, I’m thrilled to have lost 16 pounds this year!
- Fun moments along the way – I’m so thankful for sweet blessings like cozy snow days at home, chances to snuggle with the cats and even funny snapchat moments that brought us tears of laughter!
- December’s blessings – I shared earlier this month about some of the fun things we enjoyed in December. The whole month felt like a gift from above. It was wonderful!
Reading through the Bible was one of my 2017 goals, and it was by far the best part of my year. Reading the Old and New Testaments in chronological order was life-changing, exciting and so precious. I can’t say that one story, passage or book stood out more than the others, but my journey through the Scriptures brought me the “strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow” that is spoken about in the old hymn, Great Is Thy Faithfulness.
This year was really rough. I don’t say that to gain your pity – I say it because none of us are strangers to trials. None of us are promised lives that are free of heartache or pain. However, I am thankful for this year. I’m thankful for how many times it completely stripped me of my ability to handle life and placed me in complete dependence on the unfailing grace of a loving God. I’m thankful for how it changed me, how it humbled me and how it made me see myself – and others – in a new light.
“When the humble see it they will be glad; you who seek God, let your hearts revive. For the Lord hears the needy and does not despise his own people who are prisoners. Let heaven and earth praise him, the seas and everything that moves in them.”
God’s faithfulness to His promises in 2017 gives me hope for 2018! Happy New Year!