#1 Improve Yourself
Please understand that I’m not saying the reason you’re single is because you’re not good/pretty/handsome enough.
- The things I’m about to share are good habits for both single and married people.
- You get dressed up for an interview, don’t you? Why not put your best foot forward when you are looking for a mate? Makes sense to me.
- These things help you enjoy your life – they aren’t just tips for catching a man. Instead of focusing on what you don’t have, get out there and have some fun with what you do have!
I will talk about internal improvement later in the series. Hang with me while we talk about external improvement today.
- It goes without saying, exercise makes you look and feel better. Sticking with a workout routine can be very satisfying! If you’re not a gym person (me either) there are lots of free workout routines and videos out there. Pinterest is a great resource for that, or check out this post on inexpensive gym alternatives.
- Develop Your Style
- Keep on top of the current styles – not in an obsessive way, but just enough to stay current. There are tons of inspiring, modest fashion bloggers and influencers to inspire you!
- Wear Makeup and Fix Your Hair
I can already hear the arguments.
“I want my husband to love me for who I am! If this isn’t good enough for him, he’s not for me!”
When we wear makeup, we’re still “who we are.” We just look a whole lot better. 🙂 It’s not that hard to get up a few minutes early to blow dry your hair and put on some blush and mascara. I dare you to try it for a week and just see if you feel better about yourself. If you don’t know where to start with hair care, spend some time with Kate. She’ll help a sister out!
If you already do your hair and makeup, good for you!! Why not take it up a notch and try something different? Find a beauty blogger on YouTube (there are hundreds) and watch some tutorials on different makeup techniques. Try a brighter lipstick, switch to a different shade of blush…do something fun!
Doing these things says to the world, “I haven’t given up!” If you’re already on board with these things, you’re on the right track! I hope you’ll come back for part two next week.
You Might Also Enjoy:
- How To Enjoy The Holidays When There Are No Children In Your Life
- What To Do When You Don’t Know What To Do
- Beauty Favorites $10 And Under!
3 thoughts on “What To Do While You’re Single – Part One”
Thanks for the shout out! 😉 Love your blog!
-Lauren from Modern Modesty ❤
Thanks, Lauren! Glad you stopped by! 🙂