Happy Labor Day! I read here that Labor Day is a “yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country.” As a wife or mom, you put a lot of labor into the strength, prosperity and well-being of your family…so today I’m celebrating YOU! Proverbs says “in all labor there is profit,” so take heart no matter how unappreciated your labors may seem. Happy Labor Day! 🙂
Here’s the labor that went on in my kitchen last week!
On The Menu
- Tomato Slices and Pimento Cheese on Toasted Bread
- Homemade Lunchables – lunch meat, sliced block cheese, Ritz crackers and fruit
- BBQ Chicken Legs in the Slow Cooker/ Peas/ New Potatoes with Butter
- Chicken and Dumplings/Green Beans/Tomato Slices
- Spaghetti/Garlic Toast/Corn on the Cob
- Chicken Thighs with Potatoes in the Slow Cooker/French Green Beans/Tomato Slices
- Mexican Mac and Cheese – my husband loved this so much that we had it twice!/Toasted French Bread
- Mini Meatloaves/Mashed Potatoes/Corn on the Cob
In the interest of full disclosure – I share my menu posts the week after it actually happens. I plan my menus on Monday, so it just works better this way!