Can you believe it’s Labor Day weekend? I’m excited to welcome September, and there’s no better way than with a long weekend! Speaking of weekends – I had a pretty great one last week. Here are the pictures to prove it!
1. I mentioned that I was doing something you might be surprised to find out I enjoy. The secret is out now – I’m a NASCAR fan! I grew up watching the races on TV with my dad, and always enjoy the chance to watch one “live.” We’ve been attending the fall race in Bristol, Tennessee for the past seven years and I was so excited to do it again this year! It’s a great, all-American, and yes…very redneck event!
2. Attending the races also means spending the weekend at my parent’s home in Tennessee. My mom is an amazing cook and a fabulous hostess. My sister and her husband live in the same area which is an added bonus! We all enjoyed a delicious meal at my parent’s house after church on Sunday.
3. My husband doesn’t always have the ability to get away on the weekends, so I was thrilled that he got to come this time!
4. My sister brought her violin and her (new) cello over to my parent’s house on Friday afternoon, and it was fun to accompany her on the piano. We’ve been doing musical duets for most of our lives, and it’s always a good time (even though she almost turned me into a human shish-ke-bob with her cello bow. ha!).
5. My mom’s cat is so beautiful…I can’t ever resist snapping a few pictures of Liza Jane!
If you missed any of this week’s posts, be sure to check them out below:
Have a lovely weekend!