Wouldn’t we all love it if life were easier? Life can be so busy, complicated and unpredictable, can’t it? I don’t have a magic wand that will make all the difficulties disappear, but I do have some tips for you. Check out the list below with 9 things you can do today to make life easier. Pick one or two that you aren’t already doing and give them a try!
- Plan for delays – add a few minutes to your travel time to accommodate for red lights, traffic jams and construction.
- Lay out your clothes the night before you plan to wear them.
- Bring a drink and/or a snack when running errands (this isn’t just for children – adults need a pick me up too!).
- Create a walking pharmacy for your purse.
- Use the bathroom before heading out the door.
- Pack lunchboxes the night before.
- Stock your pantry with a few shelf stable meals for quick supper solutions when there’s “nothing to eat in this house!”
- When baking, double the recipe and freeze the extras for quick breakfasts or last minute desserts.
- Schedule 5 minutes before bedtime to clean up the clutter around the house (put toys away, clean off the kitchen counter, etc.).
I realize that these aren’t ground breaking ideas. 🙂 Some of them require a little work – but doing work ahead usually saves time and energy in the end.
How do you simplify your life?