I love Sunday dinner. There’s just something special about this meal. Maybe it’s because I grew up eating home cooked Sunday dinners (meat, potatoes or rice, at least one vegetable, fruit salad, bread and dessert) on my mom’s china with pretty linens. We all helped get the meal on the table, and then sat down to discuss the events of the morning at church while enjoying every bite.
Now that I live with my husband, Sunday dinners are a little different – but still special. While I’m fixing the meal, we discuss the songs we enjoyed singing in worship or something that stood out from the Pastor’s message. Sometimes we sit at the kitchen table with my good dishes and pretty linens, other times we take our plates to the couch and watch basketball or Nascar while we eat.
No matter where we sit for the meal, it’s still important to me to take a little extra time and effort in preparing this meal each week. Here are a few of my favorite Sunday menus!
- BBQ Chicken Quarters in the slow cooker/Potato Wedges/Green Beans/Ten Minute Rolls
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken/Garlic Green Beans/Parmesan Knots
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin/Rosemary Roasted Mashed Potatoes/Peas
- Crock Pot Orange Chicken/Rice/Green Beans
- Mini Meatloaves/Mashed Potatoes/Corn on the Cob/Pumpkin Muffins
- Prepare the meatloaves on Saturday – pull the muffin tins out of the fridge after church. Bake while you prepare the sides!
- Hot Chicken Salad (it’s basically this recipe, with mayo substituted for the soup)/Steamed Broccoli/Baked Potatoes
- Prepare the chicken dish on Saturday – pop in the oven after church while you prepare the sides.
- Roast Chicken/Mashed Potatoes/Green Beans/Crescent Rolls
What is your favorite Sunday meal?