Not too long ago, someone asked me how often I made supper. It took me off guard just a little bit. My answer was simple. “Every night!” That’s not a hard question – we eat every night, so I cook every night. I don’t spend hours in the kitchen every day, but I always “cook” something for our meal.
My husband had a conversation with a co-worker who couldn’t remember the last time he had a home-cooked meal. I immediately sprang into Aunt Bee mode and told him to bring that poor man home for supper sometime. Paul and I both grew up in homes where our Mom made supper at home every night. Grabbing takeout feels like a second-rate option to a home-cooked meal!
So here’s my question for you. How often do you make supper? I am not under the illusion that the way I do things is the best or only way – so I want to hear what works for you!
On The Menu
- Eggs & Bacon
- Three Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Christy’s Slow Cooker Chili/Biscuits
- BBQ Pork Sandwiches/Mac & Cheese/Green Beans
- Chicken Alfredo over Angel Hair Pasta/Peas
- BBQ Chicken Nachos/Fruit
- Pigs in a Blanket (for Paul’s small group study)
- Delmonico Chicken/Buttered Parsley Potatoes/French Green Beans