Today marks five years since I walked down the aisle and said “I do” to the man of my dreams! My favorite thing about being married is just simply being able to share life with Paul. I was single for over three years after I finished college. Those were some great times, but I wouldn’t go back to those days for anything. I love being Paul’s wife and creating a home for our family.
Being the list-maker that I am, I came up with five things I’ve learned over the past five years.
- Having a family doesn’t always mean that you have children. Paul is my family!
- Marriage isn’t as easy as I thought it would be!
- Paul and I are not the same person. We are different people, created by the same loving God. It’s okay that we don’t always have the same opinion or want the same thing. We can still be a very happily married couple! 🙂
- Praying together invites Jesus into our marriage and helps us remember that His love is the basis for our love toward each other.
- Sometimes it’s just best to laugh about it.
I’ve also learned that my husband is a rock star on YouTube. He’s stealing the show in my Home For The Holidays series! 🙂 We celebrated our anniversary back in October with our #pw5magicalyears Disney Trip. Tonight we’re hitting Chick Fil A for another delicious meal, but I’ll be dreaming of the amazing celebratory supper we enjoyed in Epcot two months ago!
Happy 5th Anniversary to my favorite person, my hero, my protector, my love!