We’ve all had those moments at the end of a long week when we look at the disaster area that doubles as our living space and think, “I don’t even know where to start! I’ll go to bed and take care of it later.”
This approach might satisfy you for a few hours, but eventually that disaster area has to be tackled. Instead of ignoring the mess, why not do just one thing?
Here are ten quick tasks that make a big difference in the appearance of your home – even when you do just one.
- Clean out the kitchen sink
- Wipe down the front of the microwave, oven and fridge
- Vacuum your area rugs
- Wipe down the bathroom surfaces
- Clear the kitchen counters or kitchen table
- Empty the fridge of old leftovers
- Make the bed
- Empty all the trash cans
- Start a load of laundry or put away clothes in the dryer
- Give the family room a 5 minute fix – straighten pillows, put away TV controls and toys, take dirty dishes to the kitchen
My household cleaning schedule includes most of those ten items on a daily or weekly basis. I’ve found that taking a few steps each day toward a tidy house gets me so much closer to my goal (a tidy house) than running a marathon of chores once a week!
You might not have time to do it all, but you can do something! If you have children, give each of them one task to do every day. It will make a huge difference, I promise!