Grocery shopping is truly one of my favorite things to do, so two-week hauls aren’t typically my practice. I love going once a week to pick out all the delicious things I’m going to cook with and eat!
When I know a super busy week is coming up, I can make my life a little easier by doing all my grocery shopping and meal planning ahead of time. That’s when I love a two week menu plan and grocery haul! Here are three things that help with this process:
- Choose simple recipes that can easily be doubled, frozen and reheated.
- Plan at least three of those for the first week’s menu and put the double portion in the freezer.
- Choose fruits and veggies that don’t require lots of prep and that last a long time in the fridge – apples and oranges instead of melons, spring mix instead of bagged salads or heads of lettuce.
Here’s my two week menu plan!
- Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Salad Wraps
- Pre-Packaged Salads from Aldi
Supper: (meals prepared/eaten the first week are in bold)
- Baked Pasta/Salad
- Sloppy Joes with Fries/Corn OR Fruit/Chips (x2)
- Hamburgers on the grill/Fries/Salad
- Beef Enchiladas/Fruit/Chips & Salsa (x2)
- Countryside Chicken Bake/Rice/Peas
- BBQ Turkey Cups/Salad
- Skinny Salisbury Steak/Mashed Potatoes/Garlic Green Beans
- BBQ Chicken/Baked Potatoes/Southern Green Beans – I used chicken quarters and covered them in Italian dressing and BBQ sauce. They baked at 375 for an hour, and then I brushed a little more BBQ sauce on top before sliding them under the broiler for a couple minutes.
- Chicken Sausage Skillet/Brown Rice/Broccoli
- Supper Out
- Leftovers (x2)
- Breakfast Cookies
- Pretzels and Carrots with Hummus
I bought the bulk of my groceries at Aldi – I did two smaller trips (one each week) to Lowe’s Foods to supplement the things I couldn’t get at Aldi. See my Aldi haul below!
Are you a fan of two-week grocery hauls and menu plans?