Today I’m sharing my favorite new way to serve green beans! While I still love traditional Southern green beans, this method creates a completely different taste and texture but also gives your plate a beautiful pop of green.
The key to success with this recipe is using extra fine frozen green beans. I’ve tried it with regular frozen beans and it just wasn’t as good. Here’s the kind I get from Aldi (I’m sure other stores carry them too):
Garlic Green Beans
Bring 1/2 cup of water to boil in a skillet. Add frozen green beans and boil for 3 minutes. Drain green beans in a colander. Add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, then dump the green beans back in the pan. Sprinkle garlic salt (1 teaspoon – add more to taste) over beans and saute for one minute. Season with salt and pepper.
*adjust cooking times if you like your veggies a little more or less crunchy.
On The Menu:
- Homemade English Muffins (thanks, Mom!)
- Instant Grits
- Deli Sandwiches
- Fish Sticks
- Crab Cakes/Baked Potatoes/Garlic Green Beans (pictured)
- Chicken Alfredo/Garlic Bread/Peas
- Pizza Paninis/Canned Peaches
- Chicken Fajitas w/peppers & onions/Spinach Salad
- Chicken Parm Subs/Spinach Salad
- Hearty Chicken Noodle Casserole/Southern Green Beans/Ten Minute Rolls/Decadent Chocolate Cake (celebrating my FIL’s bd!)
What is your favorite quick and easy side?
I’m joining Southern Plate’s Meal Plan Monday!