My secret to surviving summer in the South is to keep everything as cold as possible. I finish my showers with a blast of cold water, carry ice water with me when I run errands, set the thermostat at 68 and only turn on the oven when absolutely necessary. I’m serious about staying cool in the summer, y’all. The other secret to my summer survival is a constant supply of cold brew coffee!
To brew my coffee concentrate, I use the Toddy Cold Brew system. I love it! It takes so much less time and produces coffee that isn’t the least bit bitter or acidic. The whole process takes 24 hours, but only a few minutes of that is hands-on time. Watch my video below to see how easy it is!
When I make my iced coffee in the morning, I fill my glass 1/4 of the way with creamer, 1/4 with coffee concentrate and then the rest of the way with refrigerated water (tap water is not cold enough). Every so often I make my coffee just a little more special and dessert-y. Here’s how I make my favorite dark chocolate iced coffee:
- 1/3 Cup Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- 1/4 Cup Creamer (my favorite is International Delight Almond Joy)
- 1/2 Cup Refrigerated Water (no ice)
- A few drizzles of Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
Pour into a mason jar and screw the lid on tightly. Shake until blended. Top with Cool Whip and a few more drizzles of chocolate syrup. Pop in a fun straw and enjoy!
On The Menu
- Date Breakfast at Chick-Fil-A 🙂
- Peanut Butter Toast with Fruit
- Eggs & Bacon
- Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Seafood Salad with Crackers & Fruit
- Creamy Bacon, Tomato and Avocado Pasta Salad
- Roast Chicken/Corn on the Cob/Watermelon
- Texas Toast Pizzas/Tossed Salad
- Hot Dogs/Potato Salad/Corn on the Cob (July 4th!)
- Taco Mac & Cheese/Tossed Salad
- Chicken & Rice/Garlic Green Beans