When life gets busy, I always default to a two-week menu plan! It’s not my favorite way to approach meal planning but it works so well for times like these. As of today we’re on the second half of this menu plan. I will be away from the house until 7:30 every night this week, so last week I doubled a few meals and put the extras in the freezer.
Here’s how I created this menu plan – I looked at everything I had in my freezer and pantry, planned my grocery list based on the sales, and then wrote out as many meals as I could create using those ingredients. Once I had a good list of meals, I fit them into the days where they worked best. They don’t necessarily appear below in the order we’re eating them. 🙂
Do you plan meals for a week at a time? Two weeks? Have you ever tried monthly meal planning (here’s a great resource for that, if you’re interested)?
On The Menu
- Avocado on Toast
- Instant Oatmeal
- Flatout Wraps with “Grilled” Balsamic Chicken/Broccoli Cheese Potato Soup (x2)
- Spinach Salad – leftover roasted chicken, baby spinach, sliced strawberries, sliced avocado, chopped walnuts, crumbled feta, Zesty Lime Vinaigrette
- Easy Beef Enchiladas/Rice & Black Beans/Fresh Fruit (x2)
- “Grilled” Balsamic Chicken/Leftover Rice/Spinach Salad
- Pasta with Meat Sauce/Sauteed Corn/Cucumber Salad (x2)
- Chicken Thighs with Potatoes in the Slow Cooker/Garlic Green Beans
- BBQ Thighs/Baked Potatoes/Spinach Salad with Hard Boiled Eggs, Bacon and Cucumber
- “Salad For Supper” – all the veggies I have on hand with whatever protein sounds good 🙂
- Roasted Chicken & Potatoes/Garlic Green Beans/Toasted French Bread
- Date Night: Chick Fil A
Need more menu planning inspiration? Follow my Weekly Menu Plans Pinterest board!