Last week my husband came home early from work and got right into bed. That only happens about once a year – usually he just pushes through whatever is bothering him and soldiers on. I knew it was serious when he came home early! My pantry wasn’t fully stocked for the level of comfort food that being “sick in the bed” requires, so I drove over to Dollar General for the needed ingredients.
I placed a box of Kraft mac and cheese and a package of hot dogs on the counter and paid for my purchase. The cashier said, “Enjoy your dinner!” to which I smiled and said thanks. Why else would someone purchase just those two ingredients at 5 PM on a weeknight? I thought it was cute that he just knew that’s why I bought those two things...and didn’t feel the need to explain that it was for my husband, not for me. I love Kraft mac and cheese, just not with hot dogs mixed in!
My husband is back to his full strength today. He will certainly attest to the magic of comfort food…and a few doses of medicine. 🙂 What is your go-to comfort food meal when you’re sick? I love a bowl of homemade chicken soup – like the one I listed on this week’s menu.
On The Menu
- Pumpkin Pie Bread
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken & Potatoes/Garlic Green Beans/Tossed Salad
- Simply Delicious Chicken and Rice Soup/Green Apple Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Tacos/Cucumber & Tomato Salad
- Crock Pot Lasagna Soup/Tossed Salad
- Easy Garlic Parmesan Chicken/Peas/Mashed Potatoes
- Club Sandwiches/Fruit or Fresh Veggies
Need more menu planning inspiration? Follow my Weekly Menu Plans Pinterest board!