The last ten days have been very unusual ones – Paul came down with a rough case of the flu that took him out of work for over a week! I can only think of two other times in the past 7 years that Paul has taken a sick day. He usually just “powers through” whatever is ailing him, but not this time! Comfort food is my cooking wheelhouse, so it was easy to plan a week of meals that would be delicious, comforting and nutritious. (Paul is much better now and is heading back to work today)
Chicken is my go-to protein for sick days. I roasted a whole chicken on Sunday and used the leftover meat in three more recipes! What is your favorite comfort food chicken recipe?
On The Menu
- Smoothies: this method with fresh navel oranges, Florida strawberries and a handful of spinach
- Avocado on Toast
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Simple Chicken and Rice Soup
- Roast Chicken/Mashed Potatoes & Gravy/Garlic Green Beans
- Hearty Chicken and Noodle Casserole/Peas
- Chicken and Dumplings/Peas
- Turkey Sloppy Joes over Baked Potatoes/Corn
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole/Tossed Salad
- Pizza Hut Delivery – from a thoughtful hubby! 🙂
Need more menu planning inspiration? Follow my Weekly Menu Plans Pinterest board!