this post contains affiliate links
One of the best things about this smoothie recipe is that you can make it with the most basic blender. I have an older version of this affordable model that’s currently under $35 on Amazon. I don’t have the budget or the cabinet space for all kinds of special blenders and choppers – this one works great for all my needs.
This recipe is delicious and so simple. It’s a great way to get a good helping of greens into your diet without even knowing it! My notoriously finicky eater husband likes this smoothie – and he would never eat any of these ingredients on their own (except for bananas). Winning!
My Favorite Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 frozen banana – broken or sliced into chunks
- 1 cup fresh spinach – straight from the bag into the blender
- 1 cup frozen pineapple, peaches or mango – you can do all of one fruit or a mixture
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt – if you use Greek yogurt you might want a little less than that
Put your ingredients into the blender in the order they’re listed, blending after you add each ingredient. If you add a frozen item, use the “ice crush” setting to pulse the fruit. Once it’s broken up really well, you can switch to the “blend” or “smoothie” setting until everything is completely incorporated. Add a little water or if it gets too frozen to blend.
- Keep a bag in your freezer for ripe bananas. You can flash freeze them on a cookie sheet if you’re worried about them sticking together, but I don’t really feel this step is necessary.
- When pineapples are on sale at Aldi, I chop them up and fill sandwich bags with 1 cup portions. These all go into a large freezer bag and stay frozen until I need them.
- If you make these with fresh fruit, start out with ice instead of water.
You Might Also Enjoy:
2 thoughts on “My Favorite Green Smoothie Recipe”
Looks healthy and delicious! 💕
It is! Yum! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person