Here’s a recipe that’s so old – I don’t know where I originally found it! This recipe is hand-written on a plain index card that I’ve stored in my recipe binder. I remember making this recipe in the first apartment I lived in after college, so I’ve probably had this one for around 14 years.
This is a simple, easy meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes! Here it is!
Chicken and Spinach Risotto
- 1 T oil
- 1 lb. chicken tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups (cooked) brown rice – I use Boil in a Bag and cook it in chicken broth
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 10 1/2 oz. chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the oil and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the brown rice.
Add the spinach, cooked rice, tomatoes and chicken broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted and the tomatoes begin to burst. Add cheese and serve!
Check out these other recipes:
- Olive Garden Copycat Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- My Favorite Breakfast Casserole
- “Grilled” Balsamic Chicken