I’m continuing my winter decor updates with a tour our living room, featuring the new furniture we purchased at the end of the year. We are in love!
This was the first big furniture purchase we’ve ever made – until now we have enjoyed hand me down furniture from our families! The couches we had in here for the last 7 years were really showing their age (20 years?). The leather couch sagged so much in the back that it was hard to get out of your seat! 🙂
It is hard for me to spend a lot of money at once (even for a Disney vacation!), so I shopped around a bunch before settling on our couch and chairs. I finally settled on these two pieces:
- Granger Dark Gray Motion Faux Leather Sofa from Big Lots: We saw this one in the store during their Black Friday sale and really liked it! We ended up buying the couch online on Thanksgiving Day, saving over $250 on the total cost of the couch + delivery. I also used Rakuten to earn cash back on my purchase! It ended up being $682 for the couch and delivery, and so far we’ve been really happy with the couch!
- 2 Winged Accent Chairs from Target: These were exactly what I wanted! I used a 20% coupon code on top of the sale price and paid $263 each for the chairs. Be aware that these are actually club chairs – they’re not large wing backs – but they are perfect in our living room. These are also the chairs I accidentally shipped to my parent’s address in Tennessee. 🙂
The rest of the room is the same – I’m taking my time and resisting the urge to get all new lamps, tables, rugs and accessories to go with the furniture. 🙂 Now that there’s room for an end table on each side of the couch, that will probably be the next thing I purchase. Until then I’m choosing to be content with what we have!
“By wisdom a house is built and by understanding it is established.” Proverbs 24:3
The candle below was a major thrifting win! It’s a Tyler candle, sold in high-end home decor stores for at least $17 – I paid $2.50 for it, brand new! 🙂
l only set out a small display for Valentine’s Day – an old Target dollar spot sign and all the red candy left over from Christmas. It works!
I’m glad to know that it’s possible to have a room full of brand new furniture for $1,200! I’m also glad to have that purchase behind me – we saved all year and were able to pay cash for those items. Furniture is not worth going into credit card debt, in my opinion.
Thanks for coming along on the tour!
You Might Also Enjoy:
- How I Fight The Enemies of Homemaking
- Easy Spring Decor Updates
- Simple Home Decor Upgrades Under $5!