It’s time to wrap up the highlights from August, starting with a Sunday afternoon drive in the Foothills of South Carolina. We walked through downtown Landrum and grabbed a picture on a bench in front of a perfect teal brick wall (my favorite color)!
Last weekend I took a quick trip to Tennessee to celebrate my sister’s birthday. I’m really thankful that I can easily travel through two states and enjoy family time – I know that’s not the case for everyone these days!
My mom made an amazing birthday meal, and everyone enjoyed the chocolate raspberry cake that Alli made for her own birthday!
The peaches have been especially good this summer. Paul and I both have enjoyed eating our share of them every week!
I enjoyed reading through Hebrews and Isaiah this month (here’s the Bible reading plan I use). Some of my favorite verses from my reading were these:
- Therefore, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: “Look! I am placing a foundation stone in Jerusalem, a firm and tested stone. It is a precious cornerstone that is safe to build on. Whoever believes need never be shaken. Isaiah 28:16
- So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. Hebrews 6:18-19
I shared one of the August devotionals from New Morning Mercies in an IGTV video, which you can watch below.
And now…September is coming! The fourth quarter of the year is my favorite for so many reasons. Although we do not know the future, we can “have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us” (Hebrews 6:18). ❤
Favorite Posts from August:
- Real Life Laundry Room Makeover
- This Has Not Been Cancelled
- Three Things To Use In Gallery Walls (That Aren’t Pictures!)