This week I have a menu full of both delicious new recipes and simple, tried and true favorites! My quest to try new recipes over the last couple months has really helped me to branch out and to think outside the box when I’m meal planning.
For example, the Double Decker Baked Quesadillas (new recipe) were so easy, but it was a different way to eat the ingredients for soft tacos. And I found that adding balsamic vinegar to my pantry (for new recipes) opened up a whole set of new flavor possibilities for other recipes.
I’m still working my way through all the recipes I’m finding in my new cookbook: Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats – A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners. Those are marked with an asterisk below. I also tried a new crab cake recipe from Southern Living. It was good, but didn’t hold together as well as my classic recipe. For the rest of the week I kept it simple with a few of our favorites that I can make without a recipe!
On The Menu
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches: Rotisserie Chicken, Diced Apple, Diced Celery, Craisins, Walnuts and Mayo
- Double Decker Baked Quesadillas* (I added ground turkey to make this a main dish)/Lemon Garlic Broccoli
- Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops with Basil Rice Pilaf*/Southern Green Beans
- Crab Cake Bites with Old Bay Mayo/Garlic Green Beans
- Beef Roast (done in the slow cooker with dry onion soup mix and beef broth)/Mashed Potatoes/Tomato, Avocado and Onion Salad
- Seared Chicken with Smashed Potatoes and Herbed Pan Sauce/Peas
- Rotisserie Chicken/Deli Potato Salad/Steamed Vegetable Mix (the easiest supper!)
- Crunchy Shell Ground Turkey Tacos/Fruit
I hope you have a delicious week!