This post contains affiliate links – I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. ❤
We are soup people! I make sure to have soup, stew or chili on the menu at least once a week during cold weather. There’s just something so comforting about a bowl of soup!
My husband is an even bigger soup fan than I am, and he inspired this blog post. Recently while enjoying a bowl of soup over supper, he said, “we should just have a WEEK OF SOUPS and have it every night!”
That sounded like a good idea to me! I rounded up a week’s worth of our favorite soups so that you can celebrate soup week at your house, if you’re so inclined.
There are actually 9 recipes here, just to give you lots of variety. And also because I couldn’t choose just 7 soups. 🙂
A WEEK OF SOUPS!
Monday: Chicken Noodle Soup
Tuesday: Roasted Potato-Bacon Soup
Wednesday: Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat)
Thursday: Tuscan Sausage and Bean Soup
Saturday: Quick Beef Chili
I don’t have photos for the last 3, but trust me – these are all delicious!
Sunday: Taco Soup
Alternate: Italian Chicken Stew
Alternate: White Chicken Chili
For the Chicken Chili, I only use 1/2 a can of Rotel and add several cups of chicken broth.
A few of my favorite things to serve with soup:
- Cheddar Bacon Cheeseball (photo above)
- Veggies and Dip
- Cheese (sliced block cheese or pimento cheese) and Crackers
- Fresh Fruit
- Cheddar Biscuits
- Party Ryes
- Tossed Salads
- Spinach Salads with Warm Bacon Dressing – especially with the Roasted Potato Bacon Soup!
- Pillsbury Biscuits – I like the ones from the freezer section so that you can only bake as many as you need
Tips for picky eaters:
- Use crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce if it calls for diced tomatoes
- Leave out or replace ingredients that they don’t like
- Use an immersion blender or food processor to puree vegetables or to blend spinach into the soup
- Top everything with cheese and bacon 🙂
Who is in for a week of soups?!