Pardon the punny post title, I can’t help it. I come from parents who can (and probably do!) make puns in their sleep! But when it comes to quick, easy and delicious food…I don’t joke around. Wraps have become one of my favorite things to make for lunch and even for supper! I like to serve them with fresh fruit or steamed broccoli.
I love making big meals for my family, but sometimes that’s just not possible. It’s those times that I love falling back on a wrap, which feels a little better than calling a plain sandwich “supper.” Here are some of our favorite things to put on our wraps!
- Flat-Out Wraps – regular, sun dried tomato or spinach
- Tortillas – whole wheat or flour
- Tomato Slices
- Romaine Lettuce
- Kalamata Olives
- Red Onion
- Avocado Slices
- Bell Peppers
- Black Beans/Refried Beans
- Ranch Dressing
- Italian Dressing
- Sour Cream
- BBQ Sauce
- Feta Cheese
- Thinly Sliced Swiss Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Combos: I usually just wing it, but here are two delicious recipes along with our favorite combos!
- Greek Grilled Chicken and Hummus Wrap
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Paul’s Favorite: Flatout Wrap with Black Forest Ham, Thinly Sliced Swiss Cheese – Toasted, with Ranch on the side
- My Favorite: Whole Wheat Tortilla with Grilled Chicken, Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, Feta Cheese and Light Italian Dressing
To toast the wrap, I put it in the skillet and just toast it with a little bit of non-stick spray, like you would a quesadilla. I always prefer mine served cold. Like revenge. LOL.
And that’s a wrap! 🙂