I’m trying something a little different with menu planning! For the summer I decided to try the themed approach to meal planning instead of just picking 5 or 6 meals that sound good and that correspond to my pantry inventory. Here’s what I came up with:
- Monday: Italian
- Tuesday: Tacos (obviously!)
- Wednesday: Sandwiches – because Wednesdays are busy AND I like to have oven-free meals during the summer
- Thursday: Crock Pot Meal – another oven-free option for hot days!
- Friday: Leftovers or Entree Salads
- Saturday: New Recipe or Leftovers
- Sunday: Comfort Food
With that framework in mind, here’s what I planned for our meals this week!
On The Menu
- Whole Wheat English Muffins with Peanut Butter
- Chicken Sausage and Scrambled Eggs
- Tropical Green Smoothies: banana + handful of spinach + frozen pineapple + water + vanilla yogurt
- My Big Fat Greek Quinoa Salad 🙂
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Monday: Texas Toast Garlic Bread Pizzas / Side Salads
- Tuesday: Chicken Enchiladas / Fruit / Black Beans
- Wednesday: Turkey Bacon Club Sandwiches / Broccoli
- Thursday: BBQ Chicken Thighs / Corn / Side Salads
- Friday: Leftovers or Salads with Chicken & Hard Boiled Eggs
- Saturday: Fiesta Lime Chicken / Mexican Rice / Cucumber Salad
- Sunday: Meaty Cheesy Lasagna (with leftovers for Italian night the next day!)
Need more menu planning inspiration? Follow my Weekly Menu Plans Pinterest board!