This summer I’ve been shopping at Aldi every other week, so it helps to plan my menus in two week blocks. I don’t always stick to the original plan but sketching out a basic two week menu helps me to make sure I’m buying enough food to last us both weeks.
Our two favorite types of food are comfort food and Mexican food. 🙂 In the summer, it’s really too hot to stand over the stove and prepare a lot of our favorite comfort food dishes (like standing over a boiling pot of chicken dumplings for 10 minutes? Out of the question!). That basically leaves us with Mexican food and salads.
So while half of the recipes below are Mexican dishes, they are all delicious and perfect for summer! 🙂 The new recipe I tried for Beef Fajitas was definitely our favorite dish of the week. The meat had such an amazing flavor!
Right now we are in week two of this plan. I made a quick stop at the grocery store for milk and produce – particularly peaches. I eat at least one a day as part of my summer survival plan!
On The Menu
- Yogurt with Homemade Granola and Peaches
- Green Smoothies
- Salads with grilled chicken
- Paul: Hot Dogs, Chicken Nuggets
- Cheesy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Deluxe Chicken Salads x2 – with chicken marinated in Italian dressing and grilled
- Taco Salads
- Penne Pasta with Chicken Sausage, Spinach, Red Onion and Light Alfredo Sauce/Fresh Veggies
- Beef Fajitas/Tossed Salad
- Beef and Chicken Quesadillas (with leftover meat from the fajitas and chicken salads!)/Spanish Rice
- Sloppy Cubanos/Broccoli
- Burrito Bowls with Brown Rice, Ground Turkey Taco Meat & Toppings
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers (I just make the stuffing and serve it over rice)/Salad
- Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
- Supper Out
- Leftovers x2
Dessert: Peach Galette
I hope you have a great week!