I know I just told you that we’re doing two week menu plans, but this week is a little different.
Several months ago we discovered water damage on our back deck and the part of the kitchen floor that connects to it. Water damage seems to be a theme in this house. This week we have a crew coming to tear down and replace the deck, repair part of the kitchen floor and then replace the kitchen flooring.
Needless to say I’m not planning a typical week of meals in a kitchen that’s under construction. I’m not sure how it will go, so I’ve planned a few simple meals and assumed we might get a few date nights or even do pizza on the couch. Being flexible stresses me out, so you can pray for me.
And probably pray for Paul, too. 🙂
Anyway, here’s what we ate last week!
On The Menu
- Yogurt with Homemade Granola and Peaches
- Fancy Toast with Goat Cheese and Peaches
- Salads with grilled chicken
- Yankee Pot Roast (It did fine in the slow cooker)/Mashed Potatoes (I only bake these if I’m making them ahead of time – otherwise you can skip that step)/Gravy/Southern Green Beans/Hawaiian Rolls
- Deluxe Chicken Salads – with chicken marinated in Italian dressing and grilled
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowls with Chicken (using leftover grilled chicken)
- Spaghetti Meat Sauce over Bow Tie Pasta/Caesar Salads
- Nachos with Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken (this is best with Roasted Chicken instead of the crock pot method)
- Steaks on the Grill/Baked Potatoes/Caesar Salads
Dessert: Individual Peach Cobblers
I’m very thankful that we are able to get this project taken care of – it’s just part of the homeowner life! However, I am already looking forward to having it completed and having my kitchen back in order. When our bathrooms were torn up I could brush my teeth in the kitchen sink…but I can’t make supper in the bathtub. Ha! 🙂
4 thoughts on “Menu Monday [and a different week in my kitchen]”
While I love the end result of home improvement, I HATE having workmen in my house.lol I wish I could just go away for a week or so and leave them to it. We are thinking of replacing the carpet in our bedroom with that ceramic tile that looks like wood but I hate the thought of dealing with it. Pioneer Woman had that tile in her Frontier Hotel and we thought it looked really good.
Me too!!! I have not had good experiences with workers being respectful of our requests to wear shoe covers on carpet and things like that. Having indoor cats makes it tricky too, since they are terrified of strangers but not used to being closed in a room. I had ceramic tile in an apartment and I hated the upkeep – and the reality that anything you drop smashes into a million pieces. 🙂
Good luck with the kitchen project. We had water damage from this past crazy winter (6+ inch ice dam on the roof and so much snow) and had to replace our roof, take out the skylight in the kitchen (hated that thing so that was ok) and then redo the ceiling and lighting. It was a mess and I was so happy when it was all done. Hard to be without your kitchen!! Good luck.
Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry you had to deal with that – it sounds much worse than our floor repair. Glad yours is behind you!