I know I just told you that we’re doing two week menu plans, but this week is a little different.
Several months ago we discovered water damage on our back deck and the part of the kitchen floor that connects to it. Water damage seems to be a theme in this house. This week we have a crew coming to tear down and replace the deck, repair part of the kitchen floor and then replace the kitchen flooring.
Needless to say I’m not planning a typical week of meals in a kitchen that’s under construction. I’m not sure how it will go, so I’ve planned a few simple meals and assumed we might get a few date nights or even do pizza on the couch. Being flexible stresses me out, so you can pray for me.
And probably pray for Paul, too. 🙂
Anyway, here’s what we ate last week!
On The Menu
- Yogurt with Homemade Granola and Peaches
- Fancy Toast with Goat Cheese and Peaches
- Salads with grilled chicken
- Yankee Pot Roast (It did fine in the slow cooker)/Mashed Potatoes (I only bake these if I’m making them ahead of time – otherwise you can skip that step)/Gravy/Southern Green Beans/Hawaiian Rolls
- Deluxe Chicken Salads – with chicken marinated in Italian dressing and grilled
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowls with Chicken (using leftover grilled chicken)
- Spaghetti Meat Sauce over Bow Tie Pasta/Caesar Salads
- Nachos with Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken (this is best with Roasted Chicken instead of the crock pot method)
- Steaks on the Grill/Baked Potatoes/Caesar Salads
Dessert: Individual Peach Cobblers
I’m very thankful that we are able to get this project taken care of – it’s just part of the homeowner life! However, I am already looking forward to having it completed and having my kitchen back in order. When our bathrooms were torn up I could brush my teeth in the kitchen sink…but I can’t make supper in the bathtub. Ha! 🙂